Saturday, March 2, 2013

Project Team Members


Here is another one of my class assignments.  To make things a bit less confusing, we are beginning work on a group project.  It is up to us to decide what it will be about but it will be posted on the English Department’s webpage on the IUPUI campus website.

Take another look at the "Project Two Teams" wiki page, as it should now list the three groups for the final project. Reread your team members' skills and knowledge text. What do you notice about your team members? What strengths do you see on your team? How will that work with what you perceive as your strengths? How will it offset your perceived weaknesses? Explain.


TEAM MEMBERS
  • K
  • J
  • T
  • D
  • R

TEAM SKILLS

K.  / Writing, Organizing, Design (Depending on medium), Willing to learn new things / Nights M-R (After 8pm.), Friday's (Noon-5p, usually). Can access campus if needed, but prefer online. Can be flexible.

J.  / Photo, video, and audio editing, writing / online (not SL) evening/night (after 9 is best)

T.  / Writing, Organizing / Monday and Wednesday after 4, online or on campus

D.  /writing/online not SL/Wednesday, most evenings, Sunday

R.  / Writing, Organizing / online


Since I am required to discuss my classmates for this blog assignment and I don’t think it fair to list their names without permission, I will refer to them by their first initial only.

The biggest think I noticed about our team is that all of us listed our strong suit as writing.  Most of the team also lists organization as well.  I am also one who considers myself to have strong writing skills.  I think that if we decide to go with a project that is heavy on writing, all of us having writing as a strong suit will allow us to break the project down so none of us are overwhelmed. 

I’ll be the first to admit that the online skills required to create a multi-media project of this size is my major weakness.  Anything beyond creating a Power Point presentation will be new to me.  Seeing that we have a couple of people on the team who do list strong skills in photo, video and audio editing and additional design work will be very helpful to offset those skills that I lack.  I think this will come into play in how we divide up the work.  We, as a group, have enough diverse skills that we should be able to create any project we decide on.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment