Saturday, March 21, 2020

Biscuits

In the past several days, I have been asked for a good biscuit recipe.  I always share my Gram's 1-2-3-4 biscuit recipe.  It's super easy and gives great results!  I even won 2nd place at the State Fair with these biscuits!  Sorry for not pictures, I had made biscuits before everyone asked for a recipe.  

The ingredients are simple:

1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 cold butter
3/4 milk (I've used everything from buttermilk to half and half to regular milk)

The instructions are just as easy.  

I sift the salt, flour and baking powder but you don't have to.

Cut in the butter, I suck at using a pastry cutter so I just use two knives until it looks like cornmeal consistency.

Then using a fork, stir in the milk just until it comes together.

I take the mixture to a floured counter and using my hands press it out to the thickness I want..generall 1/2" or so.  Handle them as little as possible so they don't get tough.  I'm not precise in this.  Cut the biscuits, if you don't have a biscuit cutter, use a glass.

Bake in a 450 degree oven on an ungreased baking pan for about 12 minutes, give or take, depending on how hot your oven runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment