Saturday, May 4, 2013

School is done, it's Garden Time!

So much has happened in the last week.  The best part of the week, other than the beautiful weather, is that finals are over!  One more semester is in the bag.  I spent Friday dealing with a health issue but things are better now.  The ER doctor wanted me to take it easy this weekend until I see my regular doctor next week but the weather is so nice.  It's absolutely beautiful out.  While my hubby was mowing the front yard, I snuck out back to look around my gardens.  Hubby busted me...LOL.  He did tell me that he realized that I needed some "dirt therapy" as he called it.  I needed to be out in the sun getting dirty.  I love this man!

When I got caught, I was weeding the blackberries in the area where I'd recently moved them.  They're not looking too bad!



Ignore the weeds behind the stakes...I didn't get all the weeding done when I got caught!  LOL.  I found some free growing ones that were still in the area where I moved these from so they're a bit droopy from the transplanting.  But it's a start.  

I share the not so perfect pictures too to show you that you don't have to have a picture perfect garden, I'm not Martha Stewart so there will always be a weed or 50.  I'll get back out there later and finish the weeding behind the stake things.

There is a good helpful hint.  I took an old broken garden arch and gate and turned it into something for my blackberries to run up.  This originally came from WalMart and the gates had rusted off the arch when I was asked if I could use the arch part.  I took it all and flipped the gates upside down and drove them into the ground, now I have the arch itself and both gates to let the blackberries trail up.

Since I couldn't do it today, my wonderful husband got my tiller out and tilled my big gardens.  Mind you, I don't have the beds raked into place nor the second tilling done but hey, the first tilling is done and I am so thankful that my hubby took care of it for me.


It's a start!  Although I was made to sit and watch a lot of this, it is still nice to see it starting to come together.  

I hope you got to get outside today and enjoy the weather.  I hope you gardened a bit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment