Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy early Mother's Day!

Every year for Mother's Day, my family knows that I want to go to Cox's Plant Farm to get the things for my garden.  I want to be able to wander around and look at what I want to look at, take all the time I need and pick out not only my veggie plants but also the plants for in front of the house.  

I know it's not Mother's Day yet, but since I was in the hospital and not supposed to be out in the gardens, my wonderful husband thought that taking me to Cox's for Mother's Day a week early might fulfill that desire to garden and keep me from working outside.  Again, he's awesome!

Here is my favorite garden store ever!



I think it's funny but if you can eat it, I can grow it.  If it's just pretty, it doesn't stand much of a chance around here unless my husband is tending to it.  I have no idea why this is.  This is why for the flower boxes that run on either side of the stairs coming up to my house, I am planting wave petunias. You can almost kill them, water them and they'll come back.  Plus they are cheap to buy and they get all viney so you don't need as many.  There are 7 steps coming up from the street and three of these plants on each side will be more than enough once they start spreading.  And I have only ever truly killed one of these!  I also bought 2 clematis vines hoping to build a sun screen for my porch.  I'm going to let my husband tend to these.

I was able to spend a lot of time here and got what I hope will be all of my garden plants.  Just a few of the things I got were 5 different types of tomato plants, 4 different types of peppers, zucchini, cantaloupe, leeks, vidalia onions, my lettuces, radishes, celery, carrots, yellow squash, green beans, cucumbers and more.  

And then, of course, being Indiana, it rained last night.  So now my husband doesn't have to worry so much about keeping me out of the garden.  Mother Nature is taking care of that for him!  LOL.  Just wait though, this is Indiana...the rain will stop soon!  

I can't wait to plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment